The purpose of this publication is to provide a spectrum of Eurostat’s environmental statistics and accounts which allow answering to a number of questions such as:
- What is the responsibility and role of households for the situation of our environment?
- hat are the consumption patterns of households in the European Union?
- WWhat are the consumption categories with the greatest pressures on the environment?
- What are the direct and indirect environmental pressures of households’ daily choices?
- What is the EU dependency on natural resources and what is the progress in terms of decoupling economic growth from resource use?
- How much waste is being generated in different countries and how are countries managing the waste? Where does the waste come from?
- What is the availability of our water?
- How much water do we use?
- How do we contribute to climate change?
- Can production grow without air emissions growing at the same rate? Why are the air emission patterns changing in our economy?